In 1919, Alpha Delta Theta was organized at Transylvania. It became a well-respected women's fraternity and was a member of the National Panhellenic Conference. However, it was still a relatively small organization at the time of the Depression and had difficulty coping financially. Consequently, the national officers of Alpha Delta Theta sought out another organization that shared their moral and scholastic ideals. They found such an organization in Phi Mu and in November of 1939, Phi Mu and Alpha Delta Theta merged. Phi Mu gained several collegiate and alumnae chapters from this merger, one of which is our chapter. The Alpha chapter of Alpha Delta Theta became Phi Mu's Delta Theta chapter. We are proud to have such an honorable history in our chapter.